ENSURE YOUR HOME IS HEALTHY FOR YOUR FAMILY
can grow inside your home behind walls and underneath flooring. Even
though mold is a natural occurring fungus, mold that grows indoors can
have serious health effects on many people.
There are many mold
types that can cause a variety of symptoms. Some moulds are toxic.
These toxins can slowly wear down the immune system and can lead to
allergic or respiratory problems.
In general, the most commonly reported symptoms include:
- runny nose or nasal congestion
- eye irritation
- cough or congestion
- aggravation of asthma
- headaches, and
- difficulty concentrating.
can also make symptoms worse of allergies like wheezing, chest
tightness, and shortness of breath as well as nasal congestion and eye
irritation. People who have already weak immune systems or are
recovering from surgery are usually more susceptible to health problems
Mould needs moisture and a cellulose nutrient
source (drywall, carpeting, fabrics) to grow. If you've had a water
leak or flood that was not cleaned up properly within 24 - 48 hours of
its occurrence, you could have mold growth. If you have a hidden
plumbing leak, excess condensation in your walls or a high level of
relative humidity, you could have mold growth.
produces a musty odour, but mold growth can occur without any scent or
visible signs noticeable by the homeowner. Mould growth in buildings is
not always visible or detectable through a visible inspection. The
majority of indoor mold growth issues are hidden inside walls, behind
wall paper, underneath flooring or behind built-in cabinetry.
Redwell Infrared heaters dehumidify walls and structures and counteract and stop the forming of mold and fungus.